Monday, March 19, 2012

Vegas WPPI

In February I went to WPPI, which is Wedding & Portrait Photographers International, don't worry I had to look that up! :) I went for 8 days, and I learned so much, I am so excited to bring all of my new knowledge to my business! I am so excited for the Weddings that I have this year, I have some really fun clients that I can't wait for their weddings! I went to a two day class which focused on lighting, the rest of the time I went to a ton of other classes and a trade show. The trade show was so great to be able to handle some of the products, it is so hard to find quality online in photos. I am already making new packaging for my photos, I had never thought of this for my business! So excited to show some photos of my new stuff, if you are a past client feel free to call me and I will give you my new packaging!

These are the girls that I went with, I was so glad they invited me to come! I had only met a few of them twice, so I am glad it worked out. One of the afternoons we went out and shot in the old part of Vegas, I loved all of the signs! Wish I had more time to explore!












An interesting man that I had the guts to ask for a photo... he was walking by a perfect wall!


After our class, I went out with some new photography friends from Seattle and Kansas and we played with some night shots. It was so fun getting to know some new people. In the class that I took there were people from all over the world. The guy that sat next to me was from Scotland and there were also people from Brazil, France, Canada, North Africa, Mexico and all over the United States, I had no idea WPPI, was such a big thing. So fun!



At WPPI, I took a two day class from Cliff Mautner (his photo is at the very end of the post). I have never taken any classes outside of my photo degree. I didn't realize that other photographers frequent classes like this all of the time. It was so great to go to WPPI, I learned some things that I didn't even think about. The two day class that I took focused on lighting... there is always room to improve in this area. Cliff was a great teacher and his work is amazing! I am so excited to incorporate my new knowledge into my 2012 weddings! Here are a few of the photos I took of our models... We had one set of models with about 10 people, so you may see this couple on other photographers blogs. Just wanted to show what I learned!







No comments: